AUTHENTIC AWARENESS INC.
Personal Information is Private and We Limit Our Use
Security of Your Personal Data
AUTHENTIC AWARENESS INITIATIVE INC. takes commercially reasonable steps to protect your Personal Identifiable Information you provide to us from misuse, disclosure or unauthorized access. However, we cannot personally guarantee that no data breach will occur and in the event that a breach shall occur, we will notify you immediately along with taking adequate steps to rectify the breach. However, we do recommend you take every precaution in protecting your Personal Identifiable Information Data when you are using the internet such as changing your passwords often using a combination of letters and numbers when creating passwords. In addition, we recommend you use a secure browser while doing so.
Information We May Collect
As a user or viewer of our Website, we collect Personal Identifiable Information from you so that we can provide you with a certain experience when utilizing our Website or its content. As such, we may collect:
- Your name and email address so we can deliver our newsletter to you with your consent.
- Billing information for the processing of payment.
- Your name and email address if you complete our contact form with a question.
- We may send you marketing emails with either your consent or if we believe we have a legitimate interest to contact you based on your contact or question.
Please note that the information above Personal Identifiable Information that you are providing us is purely with your consent, and at any time, you are welcome to remove your consent by requesting to opt out by sending to an email to email@example.com.
When you download and use our products, we automatically collect information on the type of device you use, operating system version, and the device identifier (or ”UDID“). We may send you push notifications from time-to-time in order to update you about any events or promotions that we may be running. If you no longer wish to receive these types of communications, you can turn them off at the device level. To ensure you receive proper notifications, we will need to collect certain information about your device such as operating system and user identification information.
Use of “Cookies”
If you Visit our Site to Browse or to Read or Download Information
Rights For EU and EEA Visitors
If you are a visitor from the EEA, our legal basis for collecting and using your Personal Identifiable Information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal information from you only:
i. Where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you.
ii. Where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights; or
iii. Where we have your consent to do so.
If we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of a third party), this interest will normally be to operate our services and communicate with you as necessary to provide our services to you and for our legitimate commercial interest, for instance, when responding to your queries, improving the services we offer, or for the purposes of detecting or preventing illegal activities.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us by sending us an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
EU and EEA Data Protection Rights
If you are located in the EU and EEA, you have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to correct or update your Personal Identifiable Information, you can do so at any time by sending us an email to: email@example.com.
- If you wish to access or deletion your Personal Identifiable Information, you can do so at any time by sending us an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you wish to object to processing of your Personal Identifiable Information, or to restrict processing of your Personal Identifiable Information or to request portability of your Personal Identifiable Information, you can do so at any time by sending us an email to: email@example.com.
- If you wish to withdraw your consent at any time of the collecting and processing of your Personal Identifiable Information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time by sending us an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your Personal Identifiable Information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You also have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information please contact your local data protection authority.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use your Personally Identifiable Information that we collect from you, for a range of reasons, including:
- To contact you to deliver goods or services you purchase from us.
- To process your payment for the purchase of goods or services under any contract you have with us.
- To provide the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts.
- To run targeted social media advertisements.
- To share your information with trusted third parties such as our newsletter provider.
- To provide support and improve our services and to manage system administration and security.
- To respond to your comments, inquiries and requests and provide customer service.
- To link or combine information that we collect directly with information from third-party sources or multiple devices to help understand your needs, provide you with personalized content and provide you with better service.
- To personalize and improve your experience and deliver content or features that match your profile and interests.
- To send you promotional communications in accordance with your marketing preferences.
- To perform statistical, and marketing analyses of user behavior.
- To comply with or enforce legal requirements, agreements and policies.
- To carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Your Personal Identifiable Information that your share with us is confidential. However, please note that we may disclose such information:
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our Terms of Service, Terms and Conditions, and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of our customers, or others.
To use certain features of the Website, you will a username and password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and the account, and are responsible for all activities, whether by you or by others, that occur under your account or password. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security. We cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to protect your password or account information.
Accessing and Managing Your Personal Data
We believe it is important for you to be able to access and manage your account and the information you have provided to us and make choices about how it is used. To inquire about or update your information, or change your preferences, you may contact us at any time at email@example.com.
You have the right to:
- Access information about how your Personal Identifiable Information is being used and you can also request a copy of what Personal Identifiable Information of yours we use.
- Restrict processing if you think the Personal Identifiable Information is not accurate, unlawful. You can also request that supplement your Personal Identifiable Information.
- Erase or rectify Personal Identifiable Information and receive confirmation of the erasure or rectification.
- Receive Personal Identifiable Information portability and transference to another controller without our hindrance.
- Withdraw your consent at any time to the processing of your Personal Identifiable Information.
- File a complaint with a supervisory authority if you feel we are using your Personal Identifiable Information unlawfully.
- Object to our use of your Personal Identifiable Information.
Ownership of Site Contents; Downloading
Unless otherwise noted, all text, images, illustrations, design, icons, photographs, video clips, and other materials that are part of our Website (collectively “Contents”) are copyrighted works, trademarks, trade dress, or other intellectual properties owned, controlled, or licensed by AUTHENTIC AWARENESS INITIATIVE INC. or used under principles of “fair use.” The Contents of our site and the Website as a whole are intended solely for your personal use. You may download or copy the Contents and other downloadable materials displayed on our site for such uses, provided that you do not remove any copyright or other proprietary notices contained on the materials. By allowing you to download these materials, we expressly do not transfer to you any right, title, or interest in the materials.
Content of User-Posted Information; Other Use of Site
No Spam Policy
Spam is any commercial email sent without the recipient’s permission, and we have a no spam policy. At any time you have the ability to opt out of any of our mailings and our communications by either selecting the unsubscribe link at the footer of our communications.
If at any time you, you’re experiencing problems unsubscribing, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition of not spamming you, we also take the necessary steps to ensure that we’re compliant with the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 by never sending out misleading information. Also, we will never sell, rent or share your email address.
If at any time you would like to update or correct your Personal Identifiable Information you have previously provided to us, feel free to contact us using the contact information provided on our Website, and we will update or correct your Personal Identifiable Information to the extent your request does not compromise our privacy policies. In addition, if you request, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to remove your name and Personal Identifiable Information from any database(s) we may maintain. Please understand, however, that it may be impossible to remove this information completely, due to backups and records of deletions. If you wish to remove your name from any database(s) we may maintain, please notify us in writing to this effect by using the contact information provided on our Website.
Third Party Websites
The Data Controller of your Personal Data Identifiable Information is AUTHENTIC AWARENESS INITIATIVE INC. In the event that we use third-parties as our data controller or processors, such as for payment processors and email marketing, we assure you we will use reasonable efforts to make sure our data processors are GDPR- compliant.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Our website is for adults over the age of 18. In compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and the General Data Protection Regulation of the EU (GDPR), we do not collect any information from anyone under 18 years of age in compliance with COPPA and GDPR. Our Website and its content are directed to individuals who are at least 18 years old or older. In the event we become aware of actual knowledge that a user of our Website is under the age of 18, we will take all reasonable steps to remove the user’s Personal Identifiable Information from our database.
While we use reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on our site, we make no warranties or representations as to its accuracy. AUTHENTIC AWARENESS INITIATIVE INC. assumes no liability or responsibility or any errors or omissions in the content on our website.
OUR WEBSITE AND ALL CONTENTS ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE BY YOUR USE OF OUR WEBSITE THAT YOUR USE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK, THAT YOU ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ALL COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ALL NECESSARY SERVICING OR REPAIRS OF ANY EQUIPMENT YOU USE IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF OUR WEBSITE, AND THAT AUTHENTIC AWARENESS INITIATIVE INC. SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER RELATED TO YOUR USE OF OUR WEBSITE.
Please note that some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you. Check your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding the exclusion of implied warranties.
Limitation of Liability
Neither AUTHENTIC AWARENESS INITIATIVE INC. nor any other party involved in creating, producing, or delivering our website shall be liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, special, indirect, or punitive damages arising out of your access to or use of our website.
Choice of Law and Jurisdiction
AUTHENTIC AWARENESS INITIATIVE INC.
PO Box 78
Brewster, NY 10509
When contacting us, please include your full name, address, phone number, and email address, and indicate the specific nature of your request.
Last Updated: March 2021